Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #3: The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker♥

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog meme hosted by Jill over by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting the most.


The Witch Hunter
Virginia Boecker

    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (June 2, 2015)
  • ISBN-10: 031632700X
  • ISBN-13: 978-0316327008
  • Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult
  • Pre-Order: Amazon | Barnes & Nobles
  • Synopsis: The magic and suspense of Graceling meet the political intrigue and unrest of Game of Thrones in this riveting fantasy debut. Elizabeth Grey is one of the king's best witch hunters, devoted to rooting out witchcraft and doling out justice. When she's accused of being a witch herself, Elizabeth is arrested and sentenced to die at the stake. Salvation comes from a man she thought was her enemy. Nicholas Perevil, the most powerful wizard in the kingdom, offers her a deal: he will save her from execution if she can track down the person who laid a deadly curse on him. As she's thrust into the world of witches, ghosts, pirates, and all-too-handsome healers, Elizabeth is forced to redefine her ideas of right and wrong, of friends and enemies, and of love and hate.

5 Reasons I want To Read This Book:

1) The Title: The title is quite catchy, it attained my attention right away.
2) The Premise: I haven't read too many books on witchcraft and wizards, but I love the Harry Potter series, and this book sounds amazing. The premise sounds promising, and it's exactly what I have been looking for! This is a debut novel as well.
3) Good Reviews: This has really great reviews on Goodreads already, I haven't found one negative review. I do hope it lives up to the hype. Let's see..
4) Similar to Another Book: Although, the plot's are completely different. It reminds me a bit of the book Legend. Golden girl with the most wanted guy anyone? Good girl, bad boy romance never gets old. It's one of my favorites.
5) Eagerly Awaiting: June is such a long time to wait.. Hopefully I can manage to snag an ARC before the release date! *fingers crossed.*



*Note: Bagged an e-ARC through edelweiss! YAY!

  • NOTE* I will be going on a holiday today, I will be back on January 26. I have posts scheduled on queue. I will try to reply to your comments & comment on your blogs though :)
Happy Holidays everyone & may you all have an safe and healthy New Years!
Shukran for reading this! Leave your blog links in the comments & I'll be sure to check them out & follow :) Stay in tuned pretty creatures..

  Every man I meet wants to protect me. I can't figure out what from.” —Mae West 
femmmefatalee@gmail.com

8 comments:

  1. Feliz2015
    Beijos da Glorinha
    http://sbrincos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year

    Love Vikee
    www.slavetofashion9771.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds wonderfully crazy and awesome. Pirates and witches? Hell yes!
    Hope your new year is amazing and beautiful!
    Morrighan @ Elysian Fields

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book sounds amazing, agreed - thank you Hun! Hope you have a great New Years.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for your consideration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this one before... sounds good though!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.