Wednesday, April 8, 2015

ARC Review: Out of Control by Sarah Alderson ♥

Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Out of Control
Sarah Alderson

    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Publisher: Simon Pulse (May 12, 2015)
  • ISBN-13: 978-1481427166
  • Pre-order: Amazon 
  • Source: Review Copy was sent via Simon Pulse. Thank you Teresa and Sarah.

  • Synopsis: A girl looking to escape her past in New York City ends up on the run from a dangerous conspiracy in this sizzling, high-stakes novel. When seventeen-year-old Liva came to New York City, all she wanted was to escape the painful memories of her past and finally find a fresh start. Her hopes for a new future were dashed the moment she became the sole witness to a brutal murder. When she’s taken into police custody—supposedly for her own protection—she realizes something isn’t right, but it’s too late. Soon, bullets start flying, and Liva realizes that she is not just a witness, but the target—and she needs to escape before it’s too late.With the help of a sexy car thief that she met at the station, Liva manages to get away from the massacre unharmed, but now the two of them are alone in New York, trying to outrun and outwit the two killers who will stop at nothing to find them. Liva and Jay are living on the edge, but when you’re on the edge, there’s a long way to fall.



  • Out of Control is a novel I was quite interested in reading because of Nereyda from Mostly YA Book Obsessed stellar review - the premise sounded exactly like something I would love, I like the concept of a couple on the run with the bad guys chasing them by the second. The mixture of crime, romance, adventure usually gets to me - It sounds like Bonnie & Clyde. Liva resides in New York City with her father, one night, she witnesses a brutal murder happen. The point is she never actually saw the murderer.. Liva is taken into police custody for her safety and she is underage as well. The police station turns into a shoot out soon, she turns to the help of a car thief by the name of Jay who was being charged in the station, did I mention he is of course, handsome? Now they're on the edge, running from the world.

  •  Well hello, dangerous romance and kickass action.. Out Of Control is a novel that is addicting, I enjoyed this novel immensely - I could not put this book down! This is probably going to be a gushing review so YOU'RE WARNED... I loved reading this book, it's kind of obvious with the premise it's meant to be with me. I had to finish it one setting - It is not a long book, it's moderate. I stayed up until 3 A.M to finish this novel - nowadays, it takes me a couple of chapters to get really into the book, it was not the case with this book. The very first page of the novel is intriguing - I tried to read the book as fast as possible because I could not wait to find what happens next - it's just wonderful.
  •  Liva is half middle-eastern and half Russian, Jay is Spanish. How exotic would their children be. I did like the character growth of Liva, she goes from being judgmental and matures as the story progresses. I actually loved both of the characters. The characters were lovable especially the male lead Jay. Jay was swoon worthy for sure, and I love how supportive he was of Liva. They're complete strangers, yet they take care of each other in more ways than possible. Maybe, he's the hero so he was doing such a noble deed, otherwise I'm not sure If I would endanger my life where there is no hope to save someone else's. The only expectation would be my immediate family and close friends. The romance was pretty sweet, I completely adored it - I wouldn't say it was insta love, but it was more on the lust side after the second meeting. The slow burn and chemistry was intense - Liva and Jay must depend on each other to save their lives, under unfortunate circumstances -you have to take help from wherever you can get it to stay alive. The romance keeps you on edge and keeps you on your toes, I ADORED THIS BOOK, I cannot stress that enough.
  •  There's nothing about the novel Out of Control that I actually disliked. The plot was engaging and fantastic - I did like that novel also had a realistic concept to it as well with human trafficking. I didn't expect to see that plot twist coming! I would really like to see a movie of this novel, it's mostly romance with action and the vivid imaginary was spectacular. It was an entertaining read that I would really commend - I would have liked one more chapter after the ending though - I'm hoping there is a sequel for this book since I do want to know how do they cope with the relationship now? Does it last? I have some questions left unanswered. There is a bit of stereotypes in this novel that shouldn't have been there, but it's showing characters through fiction and Liva does develop character growth by the end of the book - I would give Out of Control 5 butterflies, it's one of my newest favorites and I'm quite excited for more of the author's work! This novel is clearly being added to my recommendations list - I'm definitely looking into her Lila series and Come Back To me.


Recommended for Becoming Rain, and Bonnie & Clyde.

  • Shukran for reading this! Leave your blog links in the comments & I'll be sure to check them out & follow :) Stay in tuned pretty creatures.. 

    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness.” —George R.R. Martin 
    femmmefatalee@gmail.com

40 comments:

  1. Ok, after this rave review, I definitely need to get my hands on this one now!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy this one as much as I have :)

      Delete
  2. I've only read a few books by this author, but I liked them. I'm glad to hear that this was a success for you, Benish. I love the sound of the characters and the action-packed plot!
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nick, this was my first time actually trying the author's work & it's a pretty great novel.

      Delete
  3. Oh. How perfectly exotic their kids would be? You sold me on the romance! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you :) Hope you enjoy this one!

      Delete
  4. I'm reviewing this soon too and I agree, it was fabulous, I loved it. So happy you liked it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you could relate<3 Hope to hear your thoughts on this novel soon :)

      Delete
  5. I love it when a book can hook you right from the beginning, then I have to read it until the end!! I might have to get this one! Sounds fantastic!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pretty amazing book, the romance and action kept me on edge throughout the book<3

      Delete
  6. Lovely review! I've read a couple of Sarah Alderson's books before so I'm quite looking forward to this one. And you were up to 3 AM!? Wow! I definitely must read this one very soon. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed this novel, it was pretty fantastic - hope you like it as much as I have !

      Delete
  7. Gushing reviews are always fun. :) I read her Conspiracy Girl not so long ago and enjoyed it, wasn't my favourite, and I liked the romance to a certain extent, so hoping I'll like the romance in here a lot more than I did with that one. :) Glad you loved this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Kristy - this is probably my first gushing review in probably two weeks. I didn't expect to like this novel as much as I did, the romance is very swoon worthy & cute - hope you enjoy it as much as I have :)

      Delete
  8. I think this book sounds wonderful! I have heard of it before myself and wasn't too sure, but I will go and add it to be TBR as well. I think the ide of having such culturally mixed main characters as well is super intriguing. Let alone the plot being as amazing as you say. Can't wait to try this one for myself :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your thoughts Olivia :) This is a really good novel, I actually love it. The inter-racial couple idea was fascinating as well, it's something unique in YA novels where most of the characters are white.

      Delete
  9. Aw, darn it another book I passed up and live to regret!*sigh* You must have really liked it to stay up so late. I admit I am curious how they fit human trafficking in a Young Adult novel. You don't see many YA authors who can pull off such heavy topics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, hopefully you can pick up this novel again? I thought it was a fascinating novel and I quite enjoyed reading it. The human trafficking isn't as intense because it's more of a romance love story.

      Delete
  10. I do love me some " dangerous romance and kickass action"! This one sounds like it was a fun, intense, kind of read! And I do love when a plot is engaging. Wonderful review! I'm definitely adding this book! And I love your Ponyo gif :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Magen, this is a really wonderful book that I quite liked - I hope you enjoy it :) It's defo. worth trying.

      Delete
  11. That is such a cute gif! I love gushing reviews and I can tell you really liked reading this novel - the premise sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay, so happy you loved this! I'm a sucker for books like this that mesh danger and action and romance so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to your fantastic review, I discovered this book :)

      Delete
  13. I'm thrilled to see that you were a fan of this book Benish, I have been a fan of Sarah's book for ages and I'm always recommending her books to everyone. Her Lila series is an all time favourite of mine, so I hope that you enjoy it too! Lovely review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jasprit! In excited for her Lila series, I've heard many praise about it so here's to hoping I will enjoy it <3 Hopefully it's as amazing as Out of Control.

      Delete
  14. This book sounds a bit creepy, but also suspensefull and like it has lots of action. Not sure if it's a book for me, but you really make this book sound good! And I love seeing character growth/ change over the course of a book. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lola, it is a wonderful romance crime novel worth trying out :)

      Delete
  15. A wonderful review! I loved this one as well, this author does such an awesome job with her action/suspense/romance books.

    Sharon – Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she's a pretty fantastic writer - Thank you Shannon x

      Delete
  16. This sounds FABULOUS Benish. I'm a huge fan of mysteries and thrillers, and combine that with a ton of action and some romance and I'm definitely in. Thanks for putting this under my radar and, as always, fabulous review! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by Zoe, I hope you really enjoy this book as much as I have :)

      Delete
  17. Oh, this sounds like such a great and intense read. It's wonderful that you loved it so much, and I'll definitely add it to my reading list! Fantastic review <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should defo. check this one out if you enjoyed Becoming Rain - I really loved this novel<3 Thank you hun ♥

      Delete
  18. Sarah Alderson is a pro at capturing attention from the start and never letting go. I'll have to check this one out. Lovely review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was an amazing read, I hope you enjoy it as much as I have :) Thank you Rachel ♥

      Delete
  19. I love how you immediately imagined how their possible children would look like, lmao! I'm so intrigued by this especially at the mention of a badass hottie! ;D Wonderful review! Adding to my TBR! :D

    Blessie @ Mischievous Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes, that' something I would end up doing :) Thank you Blessie! ♥

      Delete
    2. Haha yes, that' something I would end up doing :) Thank you Blessie! ♥

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.