Stacey R. Campbell
Publisher: Green Darner Press
- (March 13, 2014)
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0988478463
- Genre: Paranormal Romance/Young Adult
- Buy It Here: Amazon | B & N
Synopsis: "It’s Halle Henry’s first year at Lakeview Academy . . . On a snowy January night, just days after a fire that nearly destroyed the school’s library, Elsie Stewart, daughter of the headmaster and founder of Lakeview Academy, dies slipping beneath the ice of frozen Clearwater Lake. Unable to right the wrongs she committed before her tragic death, Elsie’s spirit walks the halls of her father’s school, waiting for someone who can. One hundred years later, while joining her sister’s friend Leigh to help clean out the school’s administration building before the big remodel, Halle stumbles upon Elsie’s hidden journal. Obsessed with what she finds, Halle searches the school for clues that may lead to solving a century-old mystery.The only problem is that Halle also talks Calum Stewart, Leigh’s worst nightmare, into helping them. Once Leigh and Calum are forced to work together, sparks fly and no one around them, alive or dead, is left unaffected. "
- Well hello to this beautiful novel, reminds me of Nancy Drew's books except more darker. This book is a lovely mix of Young Adult, mystery, and paranormal. It's a refreshing novel, that reminds me of a haunting love story. Stacey is a gifted writer, I'm amazed that even though she has Dyslexia, she can pull herself through this book. Its well-written, and so thought provoking. The author makes me think, anything is possible if you try hard enough! Her novel portrays a different story and a different side of the students at Campbell. It can be read as a standalone since it's not a continuation.
- Boarding Schools are one of my favorite settings to read in books. Aaaah .. they sound so posh and dreamy but characters have crazy secrets that they hide.
- The true star of this novel is clearly Elise, but she's been dead for over hundred years. It's a ghost story as well, it fascinated me. The character Halle discovers Elise's journal, and things get really creepy afterwards. The love story between the two main characters was sweet, it's a love-hate relationship. It's a fun read to read at night, spooks you up a bit. Since it's almost Halloween, I would recommend it :)
- I loved the second book so much more than the first one! The first book is historical fiction. This one was more paranormal romance. I knew I would like it, after I had read the first novel. It's quite an impressive series, I cannot wait to read the third installment in this series, Scream. I'm sure the author will nail the final piece of the trilogy, as she has done with her past books. If you like paranormal with romance, this book is lovely. I would give it a perfect 5 out of 5 butterflies.
Shukran for reading this! Leave your blog links in the comments & I'll be sure to check them out & follow :) Stay in tuned pretty creatures..
*The more entries you enter for the giveaway below, the better. However, they are not required though - there is a free entry for everyone.
Giveaways ends Oct 31.
It is an international contest.
The winner will be selected randomly by Rafflecopter! The winner has 48 hours to reply, before I randomly chose another winner.
Please only enter from one email.
I am not responsible for shipping the book.
Best wishes :)
Disclosure: This book was sent free of charge from Stacey Campbell and Green Darner Press in exchange for an honest review. The giveaway is being provided in behalf of the author and publisher as well, thank you.
“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” —André Gide