A Thousand Pieces of You
(Firebird Series Book #1)
Synopsis: "Cloud Atlas meets Orphan Black in this epic dimension-bending trilogy by New York Times bestselling author Claudia Gray about a girl who must chase her father's killer through multiple dimensions. Marguerite Caine's physicist parents are known for their groundbreaking achievements. Their most astonishing invention, called the Firebird, allows users to jump into multiple universes—and promises to revolutionize science forever. But then Marguerite's father is murdered, and the killer—her parent's handsome, enigmatic assistant Paul—escapes into another dimension before the law can touch him. Marguerite refuses to let the man who destroyed her family go free. So she races after Paul through different universes, always leaping into another version of herself. But she also meets alternate versions of the people she knows—including Paul, whose life entangles with hers in increasingly familiar ways. Before long she begins to question Paul's guilt—as well as her own heart. And soon she discovers the truth behind her father's death is far more sinister than she expected. A Thousand Pieces of You, the first book in the Firebird trilogy, explores an amazingly intricate multiverse where fate is unavoidable, the truth elusive, and love the greatest mystery of all."
- Trick o Treat everyone! What are you all dressed up as today? How excited am I to be reviewing this right now before release ! Do you see the beautiful cover? The cover is beyond beautiful .. It' s amazing, by far one of my favorite book covers. I'm an art geek, so I noticed it right away. It led me into reviewing this book as soon as I received it. This book has a lot of action in it, it uses massive imagery that I found hard to imagine though - I haven't heard much of different dimension is novels. That is mainly because I usually don't read science fiction books, but parallel universes sound amazing. I loved the movie Upside Down though. I heard of traveling back into time, but that's not the same thing here.
- This book defines dimensions as many different universes elsewhere, with the person living a different life. The concept is so original! It is fantastic. This could be made into a great movie.
- The protagonist Marguerite was an interesting character, she's an artist too, like me! She seems plain but pretty at the same time, plain Jane anyone? Enter the two love interests. Theo and Paul. Theo is one of her good friends and Paul is just .. Paul. Just her father's pupil & assistant. Theo is so cocky, and Paul is so mysterious.. I liked Theo too, he seems sweet but Paul's more swoon worthy, I decided. I had my doubts that he had killed Meg's father, I'm not telling if that thought turned out true or false. I can just imagine Meg & Paul though..
- The book did confuse me at one time with the whole dimensions and firebird. I enjoyed the book for the first fifty or so pages, then it left me confused because I'm clearly a slowpoke. Even if this was a movie, I would get confused. To this day, I don't understand The Matrix, yes, don't hate me now. I finally got this book later though! This is a science fiction book, which usually isn't my taste - but I thought this was a good attempt of science fiction with romance. Sometimes the romance took away from the actual plot.
- I'm not sure what the sequel of this book would be about because it does have somewhat of an ending and ding ding no cliffhanger! Even if you're not a huge fan of science fiction like me, this is an interesting concept to read about. The writing draws you in from the start. I'm definitely reading more into science fiction now, I cannot when the later installments of this series comes out.
Shukran for reading this! Leave your blog links in the comments & I'll be sure to check them out & follow :) Stay in tuned pretty creatures..
The winner for the previous Halloween giveaway for the Book Whisper is: Chene S. Congrats love! Don't despair, if you didn't win. There's lots more giveaways coming soon, infact here's one more Halloween giveaway for you guys :) This one is actually a finished hardcover copy too of this book.
-The more entries you enter for the giveaway below, the better. However, they are not required though - there is a free entry for everyone.
Updated Note: Extended Giveaway now, ends November 18 at 12 a.m.
-It is only for the United States, sorry!
-The winner will be selected randomly by Rafflecopter!
-Please enter only from one email.
-The winner has 48 hours to reply, before I randomly chose another winner.
Best wishes :)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: Finished Review Copy was sent free of charge from Kaye Publicity in exchange for an honest review. The giveaway is being provided in behalf of the publisher as well, thank you.
“The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected.” —Nicholas Sparks