- This is one of the most saddest and incredible books I have read in 2014. Well, hello book you made me cry which is quite rare these days. Elise, the protagonist is lonely and she has no friends. She's apparently at the bottom of the social ladder and wants to make her up for it. I found her character quite unique, she just wants to fit in like almost every other teenager.
- Elise is edgy, sarcastic, and also brave. Her personality is amazing, how on earth does her school hate her? She's hilarious without even trying! At some parts, i just LOL'ed. This Song Will Save Your Life is not about popularity. It's about bullying and a journey towards self-discovery. Elise get's picked on because she's considered "weird." She has a love for music though! It's not that Elise wants to be popular, nope, she just wants to be liked.
- Elise soon runs into two girls Pippa and Vicky who take her into a different world of underground clubs and DJ's. No, Elise doesn't get into drugs or anything like that. There is a romance with one of the other characters Char. His character sounded cute, I mean dreamy DJ anyone? I liked him most of the time though, but he was self-centered other times. Elise was focused on herself mainly too, but I loved her character and this book.
- This book isn't a love story though, even though it has it's itty bitty of it. It doesn't have typical romance, and it's more realistic fiction. Leila Sales does a great job of writing this book, I loved it beginning to the end. It's well written, and engages the reader. I liked of the bullies weren't just all mean people. It's one of those amazing books once in a while that touches your heart.
- This is a coming of age story that I LOVE! I loved it when Elise learned growth and self-worth, it's one of my favorite parts of this story. This is an amazing, amazing novel. I cannot say it enough. It has a unique story with unforgettable characters. I would recommend checking it out for yourself. It's perfection, 5 stars from me. This is one of my newest favorite book!
- ISBN: 1620153688
- Publisher: Booktrope (September 12, 2014)
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
- Buy it: Amazon | View: Goodreads
- Synopsis: Storms can't last forever…can they? For five long years, Rae Ryan has lived in a storm over which she has no control. Little by little, everything has been taken away from her—her job, her relationship, her best friend and her home. Plagued by nightmares and a terrible family secret, she carries her scars as much on the inside as she does on the outside.
Hart Booker, another disappointment from her past, returns to Bar Harbor and shelters her from the rain. He reminds Rae that forgiveness is possible, happiness can be found on the other side of darkness, and beauty rests beneath her scars. But a sinister figure lingering in the background seems determined to pull Rae back into a past she’s been trying to outrun. Can she survive the storm and become part of the light she so desperately desires? Or is she destined to remain Pulled Within?
Well, I'm on a roll here with depressing novels, but sad stories usually are quite good. They show a more realistic side of life. Rae Ryan is depressed, lonely, and alone. It seems like she has nothing left to life, which wasn't true because she still has herself. Then, her ex Hart walks back into her life who once hurt her. Does she accept him back? Let's see.
- I noticed in the cover she has a scar, it's due to a tragedy she had. This novel is part of a series, but it can be read as a standalone novel. The previous story in the series was intriguing as well. I liked reading Pulled Within, but it has it's flaws.
- This book deals with serious issues that can be hard to read about such as, drug addiction, rehab, depression, and just trying to survive. I would have liked it more if Rae had more of backbone instead of letting people crush her all the time. She was a strong character, but I wish she was more stronger. I wasn't a huge fan of the hero Hart, sometimes you cannot accept people again in your life even if you might love them. His character fell flat for me.
- I like where Pulling Within is going in it's series, it's more realistic fiction. I liked how Pulling Within unravels and discloses the truth overtime. Pulled within is a novel that pulls you in within the beginning. You can understand Rae somewhat and even relate to her feelings at some point.
Shukran for reading this! Leave your blog links in the comments & I'll be sure to check them out & follow :) Stay in tuned pretty creatures..
Disclosure: Ebook of Pulling Within was sent free of charge from Xpresso Book Tours in exchange for an honest review.
"Be the change that you wish to see in the world."— Mahatma Gandhi