Publication Date: December 1, 2014
Publisher: Harlequin Heartwarming (December 1, 2014)
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
- ASIN: B00L0XG5B4
- Genre: Young Adult, Romance
- Purchase: Amazon
Synopsis: He was attractive, talented…and way off limits. Heather Gadway may have been a world-class college pitcher and a top university coach, but she's a rank amateur when it comes to managing the Falcons, her father's struggling minor league team. And when it comes to managing her aggravating attraction to Garrett Wolf, their talented new pitcher. It's going to be difficult enough to make it as the first female manager in the league and prove to her overly critical father she's worthy. No distractions. No missteps. And certainly no romances with players. Everything stands between them—including their troubled pasts—even as Heather's world falls apart and Garrett's the one who's there to catch her…
A League Of Her Own is a sporty novel; it's about a woman name Heather Gadway who takes upon managing the Falcon's team after the coach, and her father's suffers from a heart attack. Who has heard of a woman coach handling an all males baseball team? I hadn't so I was quite excited about the premise.
- I liked that this novel was more than just romance, even though it falls into that category. This is a true sports story. It's also about alcoholic addiction, family, and trust. I wasn't a huge fan of Heather's father. I felt he never appreciated her hard work simply because she's from the female species. He criticized too much, and never expressed his faith in her. He loved her though, but like come on, Heather's a softball coach, and a former champion of her college twice. You can pretty much admit the girl's hardcore and can pitch no less than a man, she actually beats one so ha! I do wish that Heather had more of a backbone in her, and she should have asked him straight up why he doesn't appreciate her efforts. I was disappointed that issue wasn't resolved in the novel.
- I did like the romance between Heather and Garret. I liked the gradual relationship between them and that it look time to developed. A sweet romance develops between Heather and Garrett after a love and hate relationship. I liked the fact that this book remains clean from profanity and explicit details even though it has it's parts of romance,. It was a cute novel, and I liked that they helped each other build up their trust in themselves and in others.
- This was a clean romance free of profanity and without explicit details, and I liked the innocent tone of this novel. Heather's relationship with her father was never really resolved, and the part where it tries to didn't seem to live up to my expectations. Otherwise, the novel is well written and I enjoyed reading it from beginning to the end. This is the first book by Karen Rock that I have been given the chance to read and I plan to read more of her books in the near future.
The more entries you enter for the giveaway below, the better. However, they are not required though - there is a free entry for everyone.
You have an option to chose your prize, either a paperback copy(U.S) or and ebook copy(INT.) - Contest ends on December 25!
-The winner will be selected randomly by Rafflecopter!
-Please enter only from one email.
-The winner has 48 hours to reply, before I randomly chose another winner.
Best wishes :)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Shukran for reading this! Leave your blog links in the comments & I'll be sure to check them out & follow :) Stay in tuned pretty creatures..
"Be the change that you wish to see in the world."— Mahatma Gandhi