(Behind The Stars #1)
Leigh Talbert Moore
- ISBN: 1503220230
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
- Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal Romance
- Source: Ebook was sent free of charge courtesy of YA Book Bound Tours.
- *This is actually free on Amazon !
- Synopsis: Prentiss Puckett is certain of three things:
-Graduation is two weeks away.
-Summer only gets hotter in south Mississippi.
-She’s getting a job with air-conditioning.
She did not expect to be kidnapped walking to work. And she never expected to become a hero. Red Dawn meets L O S T in this new action-adventure romance from Amazon bestselling author Leigh Talbert Moore.
M Y T H O U G H T S
Well.. Captive is a phenomenal start to a great series. The cover seemes catchy enough, and the premise was why I was interested in this book. At first, I was expecting Shocklym Syndrome, but the story completely blew me away. It has it's itty bit of SS, but it's not as extreme as it should sound. It sounded more of a love story that is actually romantic and different. This is quite unique from a lot of Young Adult novels I have read.
- The protagonist Prentiss is from the south, Mississippi to be exact - she might seem like a typical country girl but she has big dreams. She wants to have a good future for herself and her family. She is intelligent, caring, and kind. I liked her personality, she had spunk and spark. I like courageous heroines, more than the ones who require a hero to the rescue. One day, Prentiss get's kidnapped. She is told to believe that the military has invaded her town, and has kidnapped everyone. Of course, that is not the truth though.
- This book is Prentiss' journey, and as the reader we travel along with her. She has flashbacks, so the story does switch from past to the present. Her abduction is a mystery, even the reader isn't aware what actually happened and why. Prentiss decides to escape, but no one is willing to help her out. I'm glad this wasn't a predictable novel, although when I did get the hint - I figured out the truth.
did like- no I loved the paranormal aspect of the novel. I was easily hooked on reading the novel from the first chapter, the author has written it such a precise and a light way. I did like the gradual build up between the two main characters as well - their chemistry was amazing! Captive does have a love triangle, but it's different which is why I liked it.
- Captive is a fascinating read, I enjoyed reading it beginning to the end. The story is simple, and not as complex. It has a great concept, and I look forward to reading more of the author's books. This is part of a series with 6 books. Captive does end on a cliffhanger which depresses me, however, I cannot wait to read the next installment of the series! It is easily one of my new favorite novels, I would have liked a longer book though - however, this is only just the teaser to the series. I would rate it 4 butterflies.
Shukran for reading this! Leave your blog links in the comments & I'll be sure to check them out & follow :) Stay in tuned pretty creatures..