Tuesday, February 17, 2015

ARC Review: Becoming Rain | K.A Tucker ♥

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Becoming Rain (Burying Rain #2)
K.A Tucker

Publisher: Atria Books 

    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • (March 3, 2015)
  • Genre: Thriller, Crime, New Adult
  • Pre-Order: Amazon | Barnes & Nobles
  • Source: e-ARC was sent free of charge through Netgalley.

Synopsis: Luke Boone doesn't know exactly what his uncle Rust is involved in but he wants in on it—the cars, the money, the women. And it looks like he's finally getting his wish. When Rust hands him the managerial keys to the garage, they come with a second set—one that opens up the door to tons of cash and opportunity. Though it's not exactly legal, Luke's never been one to worry about that sort of thing. Especially when it puts him behind the wheel of a Porsche 911 and onto the radar of gorgeous socialite named Rain. Clara Bertelli is at the top of her game—at only twenty-six years old, she's one of the most successful undercover officers in the Washington, DC, major crime unit, and she's just been handed a case that could catapult her career and expose one of the West coast's most notorious car theft rings. But, in order to do it, she'll need to go deep undercover as Rain Martines. Her target? The twenty-four-year-old nephew of a key player who appears ready to follow in his uncle's footsteps. As Clara drifts deeper into the luxurious lifestyle of Rain, and further into the arms of her very attractive and charming target, the lines between right and wrong start to blur, making her wonder if she'll be able to leave it all behind. Or if she'll even want to.


  • I wasn't a fan of K.A Tucker before who's a New Adult author after reading the first two books of her series Ten Tiny Breaths. The first book, Ten Tiny Breaths was decent, but I quite hated the second book, One Tiny Lie which is basically a cliche novel about a love triangle where the heroine constantly cheats between two guys. I was a bit hesitant to pick up another novel by the same author, but Becoming Rain's premise grabbed my attention right away, I knew I would love this novel - well, I hoped I would.  This is part of a series, but this is a standalone novel - you don't need to read the previous book, but I will now. Clara Bertelli is part of the FBI, she's an undercover agent and her new case involves Luke Boone who's the nephew of a notorious thief. She is sent to take the organization down. Do you sense a romance here? I sure did when I read the premise. 

  •  I've always been fascinated with the concept of good vs. bad especially when it deals with criminals. Clara Bertelli is a good woman and a good cop, her case involves Luke Boone who's a criminal in the law's eyes. I was so excited to read this novel after the premise - it sounded like exactly my kind of book. It's not exactly a good girl and bad boy romance, because Luke is not exactly a bad guy.. I finished Becoming Rain in one setting, and I honestly loved it. It's easily one of my favorite novels now. 
  • I LOVE LOVE this book, okay fangirling here! This has everything that I would want in a book - crime, romance, action, suspense, thrill, amazing dialogue, and a well-developed plot. It is a thriller, but more on the romance side. Although, the romance is a lot less than Tucker's previous novels. I liked that she took New Adult to a whole new level, it's not just about romance anymore. Lately, I haven't read a book that's been a perfect five stars for me. I couldn't wait to find out what happens next in the story line, this is a page turner from the beginning till the very end.  I would really recommend this novel - even though, the author writes New Adult novels, Becoming Rain isn't that explicit in details which I'm glad about. I'm kind of sick of reading people's personal details. The writing is explained in it's subtle ways, the way you would see it in Young Adult novels. 
  • I loved how K.A Tucker used the overall use of rain, it's almost like the word rain has a a double meaning in the storyline. It means to me that Rain has been sent to Luke to help him live a healthy and safe life. For example, "“It’s not so much that I love rain. I just have a healthy respect for what it does. People hate it, but the world needs rain. It washes away dirt, dilutes the toxins in the air, feeds drought. It keeps everything around us alive.”
  •  The characters were interesting as well, I loved Luke's character.. I quite liked Clara a.k.a Rain as well -  the characters are strong, independent, and you do get to see their vulnerable side as well. It's just so depressing though, and it breaks your heart.. The character development was great, and I was quite torn with Clara's feelings as well. Should she follow her heart or the law? Luke isn't exactly a criminal .. yet. Becoming Rain questions what you might believe in - It's an intense read that grips you till the very end - this will be added to my favorites list now. Sometimes, people deserve more than one chance; K.A Tucker has a new fan now, and I do look forward to more of her lovely work. 
Recommended for fans of Out Of Control, Legend, and Beauty & The Beast(The Show)

Shukran for reading this! Leave your blog links in the comments & I'll be sure to check them out & follow :) Stay in tuned pretty creatures.. 

Love is like the wind, you can't see it but you can feel it.” —Nicholas Sparks 
femmmefatalee@gmail.com

34 comments:

  1. Hellllllssss yeahhhhhh. So excited for this book. I loved the first book. I love Tuckers writing in general. So happy it was that great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love this one, I think it's her best novel yet :)

      Delete
  2. I am big fan of K.A. Tucker but I completely agree with what you said about One Tiny Lie (it was my least favorite by this author). However, I need to catch up on this series, I still have not started it yet. So I am glad to hear that you loved this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One Tiny Lie was a huge disappointment, I'm really happy I loved this one! <3

      Delete
  3. Definitely need to check this out!

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Tucker's writing style but unfortunately wasn't a huge fan of Burying Water. I still plan on reading Becoming Rain, though because I liked Luke in the first novel and am interested in his story. Your review just convinced me to get my hands on this as soon as it comes out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Burying Water yet, but let's see how it works out on my end. I hope you enjoy this one, waiting for your thoughts on it :) ♥

      Delete
  5. Haven't started the series, not my kind of read but glad you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Squee! I totally skimmed my dear since this is next up in my reading pile . So happy to see you loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I hope you enjoy it love - it's an amazing book! ♥

      Delete
  7. I haven't tried this author yet even though everyone raves about here stuff. I think I have steered away because her other books fall into the drama category, but this is one I could handle. I want to read more about the rain since I live in Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fantastic read, I really enjoyed it. It seem a bit cliche but it's a well-done book ♥

      Delete
  8. Haha I am so glad to see you enjoyed reading this book so much! I have heard of her first book in this series, Burying Water if I remember correctly and it had a lot of positive reviews! I am so glad to know you loved this one too :D I have been meaning to read more crime novels so maybe I don't need to look any further!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGG yess, I loveeee this book<3 This is one of my latest favorites now, you should check it out for yourself now ! Hope you enjoy it as well x

      Delete
  9. oooh I feel so behind, I have not read this book yet. ;O

    hope you are doing well! xoxo
    smudged-fingerprints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should look into it, I would really recommend it ♥

      Delete
  10. I'm glad to see you didn't like Ten Tiny Breaths but you do like this one. I'm not a fan of New Adult books I think for the same reason you wrote, too graphic with the sex scenes. It's why I stick to MG and YA. This sounds like a great book. I might give this author a try based on your recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I do hope you check out this author for yourself ♥ I can usually handle graphic scenes, but I dislike it when they become too much. It sounds pretty much repetitive afterwards.

      Delete
  11. Confession - I haven't read anything by this author yet!!! Your glowing review makes me want to check this series out! It sounds really good! Thanks for sharing! Awesome review!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, well I hope you enjoy this lovely novel ♥ Her first novels didn't appeal to me as much, but she's gotten a lot better now! Thank you Tricia :)

      Delete
  12. Yay! It is great when you give an author another shot and it works out for you!! I think I would enjoy meeting Luke and Raine... ;) Great review!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Naomi! ♥ I really enjoyed this novel :)

      Delete
  13. The cover of the book looks amazing, I haven’t heard of this series before though, but you have me intrigued now. Lovely review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy it as much I have, thank you ♥

      Delete
  14. I'm definitely interested in reading this one! It seems tough to find an amazing NA that isn't very explicit or isn't just contemporary romance. I love YA thrillers, and I think I would enjoy an NA one.☺ Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kaitlin ♥ I agree, it's hard picking out the gems in NA, they do seem to have similar stories. K.A Tucker & Colleen Hoover write amazing NA novels with actual good messages

      Delete
  15. Okay! I just skimmed your review because I have to read this one next week! BUT I'm so glad you enjoyed it! And from what I did read in your review, I'm really going to enjoy this one as well!

    Amazing review :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Magen ♥ Hope you enjoy it as much as I did :)

      Delete
  16. I have never heard of this one but oh my gosh, I need to add it to my must read list immediately!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, I thought it was a fantastic novel! ♥

      Delete
  17. I had to come find your review of this one after the comment you left me -- I am thrilled you loved this book as much as I did! K.A. really reeled me in with Burying Water, and Becoming Rain definitely lived up to my love for that one. Your review is spot-on, and I couldn't agree more! I love what you say about it not just being about romance -- this story had so much more! I adored the suspense of the story! Perfect review, my friend! Let us fangirl together! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yay fangirling together! I didn't find any major flaws in this book, it's just perfect & I love the fact that it's something different from the usual angst love in NA books. Thank you for dropping by ❤️

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.