Publisher: Atria Books
Synopsis: Luke Boone doesn't know exactly what his uncle Rust is involved in but he wants in on it—the cars, the money, the women. And it looks like he's finally getting his wish. When Rust hands him the managerial keys to the garage, they come with a second set—one that opens up the door to tons of cash and opportunity. Though it's not exactly legal, Luke's never been one to worry about that sort of thing. Especially when it puts him behind the wheel of a Porsche 911 and onto the radar of gorgeous socialite named Rain. Clara Bertelli is at the top of her game—at only twenty-six years old, she's one of the most successful undercover officers in the Washington, DC, major crime unit, and she's just been handed a case that could catapult her career and expose one of the West coast's most notorious car theft rings. But, in order to do it, she'll need to go deep undercover as Rain Martines. Her target? The twenty-four-year-old nephew of a key player who appears ready to follow in his uncle's footsteps. As Clara drifts deeper into the luxurious lifestyle of Rain, and further into the arms of her very attractive and charming target, the lines between right and wrong start to blur, making her wonder if she'll be able to leave it all behind. Or if she'll even want to.
- I wasn't a fan of K.A Tucker before who's a New Adult author after reading the first two books of her series Ten Tiny Breaths. The first book, Ten Tiny Breaths was decent, but I quite hated the second book, One Tiny Lie which is basically a cliche novel about a love triangle where the heroine constantly cheats between two guys. I was a bit hesitant to pick up another novel by the same author, but Becoming Rain's premise grabbed my attention right away, I knew I would love this novel - well, I hoped I would. This is part of a series, but this is a standalone novel - you don't need to read the previous book, but I will now. Clara Bertelli is part of the FBI, she's an undercover agent and her new case involves Luke Boone who's the nephew of a notorious thief. She is sent to take the organization down. Do you sense a romance here? I sure did when I read the premise.
- I've always been fascinated with the concept of good vs. bad especially when it deals with criminals. Clara Bertelli is a good woman and a good cop, her case involves Luke Boone who's a criminal in the law's eyes. I was so excited to read this novel after the premise - it sounded like exactly my kind of book. It's not exactly a good girl and bad boy romance, because Luke is not exactly a bad guy.. I finished Becoming Rain in one setting, and I honestly loved it. It's easily one of my favorite novels now.
- I LOVE LOVE this book, okay fangirling here! This has everything that I would want in a book - crime, romance, action, suspense, thrill, amazing dialogue, and a well-developed plot. It is a thriller, but more on the romance side. Although, the romance is a lot less than Tucker's previous novels. I liked that she took New Adult to a whole new level, it's not just about romance anymore. Lately, I haven't read a book that's been a perfect five stars for me. I couldn't wait to find out what happens next in the story line, this is a page turner from the beginning till the very end. I would really recommend this novel - even though, the author writes New Adult novels, Becoming Rain isn't that explicit in details which I'm glad about. I'm kind of sick of reading people's personal details. The writing is explained in it's subtle ways, the way you would see it in Young Adult novels.
- I loved how K.A Tucker used the overall use of rain, it's almost like the word rain has a a double meaning in the storyline. It means to me that Rain has been sent to Luke to help him live a healthy and safe life. For example, "“It’s not so much that I love rain. I just have a healthy respect for what it does. People hate it, but the world needs rain. It washes away dirt, dilutes the toxins in the air, feeds drought. It keeps everything around us alive.”
- The characters were interesting as well, I loved Luke's character.. I quite liked Clara a.k.a Rain as well - the characters are strong, independent, and you do get to see their vulnerable side as well. It's just so depressing though, and it breaks your heart.. The character development was great, and I was quite torn with Clara's feelings as well. Should she follow her heart or the law? Luke isn't exactly a criminal .. yet. Becoming Rain questions what you might believe in - It's an intense read that grips you till the very end - this will be added to my favorites list now. Sometimes, people deserve more than one chance; K.A Tucker has a new fan now, and I do look forward to more of her lovely work.
Recommended for fans of Out Of Control, Legend, and Beauty & The Beast(The Show)
Shukran for reading this! Leave your blog links in the comments & I'll be sure to check them out & follow :) Stay in tuned pretty creatures.. ♥
“Love is like the wind, you can't see it but you can feel it.” —Nicholas Sparks