Beauty & The Beast
CW TV Now
Genre: Fairytale Retelling, Drama, Crime, Romance
Cast: Kristin Kreuk, Jay Ryan
Synopsis: "Detective Catherine Chandler
shaken to the core over the fact that everything she thought she knew about her life has been a lie, is determined to get answers to the secrets that have been revealed about her family. Cat must also try to navigate her evolving relationship with handsome doctor Vincent Keller (Jay Ryan), who struggles with becoming a terrifying beast when he is enraged, unable to control his super-strength and heightened senses. Cat and Vincent continue to grapple with the desire to be a normal couple while trying to keep a low profile in order to stay one step ahead of the mysterious organization known as Muirfield, now on the hunt for both of them."
*Season 1 and 2 are available on Netflix.
- Beauty & The Beast is one of the best shows I have ever seen! I actually binged watched season 1 in two days, and when season 2 came out, yep, I binge watched that in two days as well. I don't usually watch too many tv shows because it can be hard to keep up with them, this is the first show I've probably watched in let's say, six months? Anybody remember Lana from Smallville? I've always thought she was beautiful, she's mixed race with Chinese and Caucasian, which makes her of course exotic right away. She plays the role of a hot shot detective in this show by the name of Katherine Chandler. Now, the beast is played by Jay Ryan - his character is named Vincent Keller. Look at his pictures, swoon worthy! Should I mention he is also a doctor and a solider of the military? He's not a human anymore, he's a beast because of the government who misused him and tested on him. Katherine and Vincent's paths crash soon.. Now Katherine must juggle between romance, family, and work, what happens now?
- I had to watch this show right away after seeing the title and Kristin Kreuk was in it! I do love the fairytale Beauty & The Beast - and I love that this show is inspired from it. Although, it does have different stories, the general concept is quite similar. I loved the first season, it has everything you could really want in a show, you know? It has action, crime, drama, romance, conflict, and fantasy. It's also mainly shot in New York City which is where I live. I was so excited every time I saw a train station, I would think: I was just there the other day.
- Katherine Chandler is a popular detective, she's badass, she can fight, she's independent, and she can use a gun. Oh, and she's short and tiny like me and she works with that. Her character is appealing, she's caring, genuine, and she can also be very kind. She's the beauty so she is somewhat perfection, I don't believe I disliked any quality about her. The male lead and love interest Vincent Keller is amazing in his own as well.. his fighting was quite interesting. I kind of fell in love with the scar he had, if he didn't have that - he wouldn't exactly be a beast. He has flaws which prevent him from being perfection. Now, the scar isn't his beastly symbol, he actually really turns into a beast - all big teeth, super strength, different skin color, and deeper voice and all. I do wish he was more cruel and dark like the disney beast, but the directors of this show still make it work despite it. The one flaw he has is he can give up pretty easily on Katherine, I've noticed this in both seasons. It made me scream, because Katherine is so amazing yet he pushes her away every single time when he knows she genuinely cares and loves him.
"I could never hate you, It would be like hating a part of myself."
- This was one of my favorite scenes of the show and I adored it! The romance is steamy, sweet, heart breaking, and slow burn of course. I'm glad it wasn't insta love or anything like that, because I mean, how can you fall in love with a beast on first glance? Their relationship took time to build up and the conversations they had each other were witty, emotional, and adorable. Their relationship did up have ups and downs, however, both of the characters cared for each other, they would give up their lives to save each other - and that's something most people would not do. It also does have an angst behind it, I was just waiting for them to get together already!
- Season 1 was better than the second one, it had everything I would want to see. The action and plot twists were on point, the secondary characters in the show specially Tess and T.J were fantastic as well. T.J is Vincent's best friend, he's a geek yet he's witty and charming at the same time. This show values friendship and family. There is no girl on girl hate in this show. Tess was a woman of African-American descent, that's something different even in television. Katherine's sister Heather annoyed me sometimes, she just seemed too wholesome and all giddy all the time - she reminded me a bit of an airhead. Also, the show discusses science with depth and cross species DNA, I wonder if this kind of mutation can occur in real life with more advanced science whether by experimentation or if someone can be born with it(X-men anyone?) As of right now, no such thing is possible but imagine if it was ..
- This is clearly my most favorite show at the moment besides Game of Thrones. Season 2 was good as well, it was a bit boring at times and I found myself skimming a few parts, and it couldn't beat Season 1 for me! I love Vincent, but season 2 was all about Gabe for me - you will love him once you meet him, he is from Indian descent. Beauty & The Beast is diverse, it has characters from many different races such as Chinese, White, Black, Indian, and Puerto Rican. I would recommend trying this show out, it moves at a moderate pace at first, and then BOOM it takes of. I'm anxiously waiting for season 3 to come out soon, hopefully it does not get cancelled. I would recommend trying this show out, it's pretty much everything I love.
Anybody else watches this show too?
Shukran for reading this! Leave your blog links in the comments & I'll be sure to check them out & follow :) Stay in tuned pretty creatures..
“Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.” —Nora Ephron