Monday, June 22, 2015

P.S I Still Love You ♥ Review

Monday, June 22, 2015

P.S I Still Love You
Jenny Han

    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (May 26, 2015)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-13: 978-1442426733
  • Genre: Contemporary, Young Adult
  • Source: Review Copy was sent free of charge via Simon Teen.
  • Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Nobles | Audible |Book Depository 

  • *Mild spoilers in the synopsis and the review of the previous book.
  • SynopsisGiven the way love turned her heart in the New York Times bestselling To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before, which SLJ called a “lovely, lighthearted romance,” it’s no surprise that Lara Jean still has letters to write. Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter. She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren’t. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever. When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once? In this charming and heartfelt sequel to the New York Times bestseller To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, we see first love through the eyes of the unforgettable Lara Jean. Love is never easy, but maybe that’s part of makes it so amazing.

  • P.S I Still Love You is the continuation of To All The Boys I've Loved Before. I personally prefered this book over the first one, it's a cutesy contemporary novel. I did love the cover of the previous book much more though, it was different. Lara Jean and Peter have fallen for each other, they like each other tremendously, however previously in the series - they were just pretending for the show. Now, another boy from Lara Jean past shows up and Lara Jeans asks the ultimate question. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once? Well, at first I kind of disliked another guy popping out of nowhere, but I did want to read this novel still. There isn't cheating or anything like that in the novel, it's still clean and written very well.
  • Aaaah, I loved Lara Jean, she's adorable and Peter is awesome, so is Josh, Margot, Kitty, Lara Jean's father, John and .. Basically, almost everyone is pretty much wonderful, although Peter is a bit stupid at times but he's still a good character. The romance was adorable, and I so shipped the couple. The chemistry between the couple was amazing, I was literally smiling when I was reading their conversations back and forth. There is no cheating guys so don't worry. She's not actually in love with both guys right now, it's just once upon a time she loved someone else and now the feelings have resurfaced, but it's not love yet because she's in love with Peter. I find it impossible to be in love with people at one time, I think it's more of strong feelings than love. The new guy surfacing was nice as well, although I was team Peter since the series started. The female friendships in the novel were well done, the family aspect of Kitty and Lara Jean's father was different as well. 
  • This is a really good contemporary novel, but what bothers me the most is that it's super cliche. It has a four square and the couple are now in doubts because of another girl. I genuinely hate concepts like these, where another girl tries to come between a couple and the couple just lets her. CLICHE CLICHE CLICHE.. Somehow, it works in the novel though. It's probably because the author is an incredible writer, she can execute the cliche plot quite well. I had to read this novel in one setting, and I couldn't wait to find out what happens next. This was a pleasant ending to this series, I just hope it doesn't turn out to be a trilogy. It's still one of the cutest books I have read this year, so if you haven't tried out this series yet, I would recommend doing so. 
  • “I say, “In the contract we said we wouldn’t break each other’s hearts. What if we do it again?” Fiercely he says, “What if we do? If we’re so guarded, it’s not going to be anything. Let’s do it fucking for real, Lara Jean. Let’s go all in. No more contract. No more safety net. You can break my heart. Do whatever you want with it.” 
  • “So I take Peter’s hand; I put it on my heart. I tell him, “You have to take good care of this, because it’s yours.” 

Thank you for reading this! Have an amazing month of June - Leave your blog links in the comments & I'll be sure to check them out & drop by :) Stay in tuned pretty creatures..

“Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.” —Nora Ephron 
femmmefatalee@gmail.com

53 comments:

  1. nice
    new post: http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2015/06/summer-style-kimono-inspiration.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo for the four square and cliches but despite all of that, it still sounds like the writing was good, which, you have to give credit to the author for that right?
    Wonderful honest review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really excited for this one because I love the first one. I am glad to hear you liked this one even more. The four sqaure or what not sounds a little weird but I guess I'll see - Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaah! I haven't read the first book yet, but I have added these to my reading list. I'm looking forward to them! The writing sounds wonderful, and I love the quotes you share. Great review <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you might like it, I do feel it's a personally overrated but it's cute ♥

      Delete
  5. I haven't read the first book in this series or any Jenny Han books yet! But I do intend to, and I am glad you could like this one more than the previous. When a book series only gets better it makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it Olivia! ♥

      Delete
  6. This has been on my to-read list for a while now! Thanks for the great review, I'll definitely have to pick it up soon. :)

    http://castlesmadeofbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy this series as much as I have ♥

      Delete
  7. The first one was a DNF for me, sad because so many people love these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's disappointing, it does get better though.

      Delete
  8. I've seen this series aroudn the blogosphere a few times. I am happy to hear the second book was a great read as well. The characters sound well done. I am usually not a fan of a new boy suddenly popping up later in the series, but it sounds like it was handled well. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Can a girl be in love with two boys?" That reeks of a love triangle, but apparently, it's more than that. Glad you enjoyed it, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was somewhat of a love triangle but not exactly.

      Delete
  10. I've been meaning to read the first book in this series for the longest time. I'm so happy you loved this one and that it lived up to your expectations. I love the sound of the characters and the romance. Although, I do think I'd be bothered by the new guy showing up.
    Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the new guy showing up was irritating but I did like his character as well. Thank you♥

      Delete
  11. Sorry Benish, had to skim a little because I haven't read book one as yet. But even with the cliche's, this series sounds super cute. I love fluffy contemporaries, especially on cold winter nights. Something to make you smile, but still heartwarming underneath it all. I just purchased book one, so looking forward to getting around to reading it soon. Fabulous review Benish, really enjoyed it <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw no worries, I really do hope you enjoy this one as much as I have :) I think overall it is pretty fantastic ♥

      Delete
  12. I'm actually really excited to read this one. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've only read one of Jenny Han's books, but she's a pretty compelling writer. I'm glad you enjoyed this one, despite the cliches!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I been putting reading this one off for such a long time now, I should probably get around to it huh? I heard so many mixed things on this one. I found the first one cliche too. Great review!

    Amber @ The Book Bratz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amber and you should, it's a really cute series! ♥

      Delete
  15. Despite the cliche factor, this one does sound like a book I would really enjoy. I just love the sound of the character and that you enjoyed nearly all of them. :)

    Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I totally get you--some cliche books just WORK, you know? xD I'm actually 99% sure I'm going to hate this myself since I didn't like the first book, but I'm so glad you loved it! ^_^ And that GIF at the end... love it! ;) Awesome review, Benish!

    Aimee @ Deadly Darlings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes, I think you might hate this one knowing your taste xD thank you Aimee ♥

      Delete
  17. This sounds like a cute read with a wonderful cast of characters! I'm glad that you enjoyed it despite the cliches. I agree that an incredible writer can make aspects that wouldn't normally work in a story, do so. Awesome Review Benish! I always enjoy your reviews, and how you break everything down.

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Lindy, that means a lot coming from a great blogger like yourself ♥

      Delete
  18. YES!! I really love how the cliches really worked in here!! reading that part you quoted made me smile. I just read it over and over!! Great review!! :D

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Czai! I really loved that quote as well :) ♥

      Delete
  19. I am not a big fan of clichés. But I am glad to hear it worked in this book for you :) Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Basically every character is amazing? My kind of book, and chemistry with the romance is a must otherwise it just feels...off. Okay, the four square romance has me a little worried, but by the quotes and everything, I guess there's no real threat there in the end, and those quotes are making me want to read the duology, haha. Glad you enjoyed this one more than the first! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, every character was pretty much wonderful. Although, the four square was kind of annoying at times. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have ♥

      Delete
  21. I haven't read the first book as yet but I have been quite curious, I am pleased you enjoyed this a little more; it's a shame about the clichés but the characters and writing sounds wonderful.

    A lovely review Benish! Sharon – Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have the first book but I've stayed away thinking it would be a love triangle. Seems more potentially quadrangle-ish lol so I'll stay away a little longer.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes, this book isn't for everyone though.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I loved this one, although I switched ships there for a little while because Han is amazing at convincing people that anyone could be Lara Jean's love interest. I just thought the whole novel was fantastically done, and I'm so glad that I read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you could enjoy it as well :)

      Delete
  25. Sigh, this seems a little frustrating with the love square, the person getting in between a couple and Lara Jean's flip flopping romance. I'm glad there's no cheating though, so at least there's that. Thanks Benish!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hahaha! Peter is stupid at times! Love that!
    Glad you enjoyed this one more than the previous book Benish!

    Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOOL yeeppp he is stupid at times, thank you for dropping by.

      Delete
  27. I read this a few months ago and I am a huge fan! I had my doubts because I thought there would be a love triangle (or whatever), but I didn't think there was one. glad you enjoyed this one mostly, Benish!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the author writes wonderful cutesy contemporary novels♥

      Delete
  28. I LOVE Peter!!! I just adore that boy. I did enjoy this, but not as much as book one. The characters were frustrating me in this, especially Lara Jean. And I didn't see the need for the love square to be thrown in. I would have happily read a book that was just about Lara Jean and Peter being together and how that goes. This book left me feeling unsatisfied still and wanting more of their story.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.