- In this new adult novel, Sienna Murphy is a dedicated wedding planner at the age of twenty-two. She hardly gets free time because she always seems to be traveling to prepare weddings. Soon, she bumps into Luke Everett who is a surfer and just happens to be gorgeous. He convinces her to stay behind and just live a little for the time being so Sienna makes a decision. She decides to drop everything and stay in Hawaii for two more weeks, and she wants to enjoy her time with Luke. Luke lives a fast life who likes a relationship with no strings attached, but soon his past comes back to him which is why he cannot promise Sienna a future.
- Sienna Murphy is a character many people can relate to, she's a career woman and she is dedicated to her work. Now she is different from many New Adult heroines, but some of her choices really, really surprised me. Actually, I kind of expected it - instant love seems too common these days in books. It's not a good idea to throw away your career for a summer fling. It's one thing if you're quitting anyway, but Sienna is not quitting, just taking a "break" .. so far. He career requires traveling all the time to plan out weddings, she barely gets a day to rest and giving in to two weeks time to a random person she barely knows her sounds delusional. Hey, you can always meet another guy but you won't get your career back if you make such a mistake in reality. Anyway moving on, Luke was adorable in some parts and the reader can be fond of his character. It's great that Luke pushes Sienna to face her fears and fight against them. She is afraid of flying. He's like a bright light of hope in her life. The author creates fantastic male leads, the male lead appeal more to me than the damsel in distress heroines. Although, the male lead seems like a hero in distress so it was different that the heroine is not the only one with issues. The romance itself was intriguing and interesting to read about it, but I couldn't connect it with as much as I wanted to since I loved the author's previous work. It sounded a bit like a fairytale romance, too good to be true but hey maybe it can happen in real life? Instant
lustlove isn't that uncommon in reality. It was wonderful to read about how Sienna became laid back and more relaxed once she started thinking about herself and not others. It brought out her true personality.
- Overall, the plot of The Moment of Letting Go seems ordinary but it's still enjoyable to read about. Now, you have two adults with a no string attached relationship, but of course sooner or later one falls for the other and it causes drama. It was really unique how both characters helped each other, Luke wasn't the only one helping Sienna, she also helped him out with his past. It's great both characters helped each other out, and they were each other's equals. There isn't a real antagonist, it's mainly a novel of letting go of the past and moving onto the future. The writing itself is fantastic, and the author doesn't fail to deliver more in that section. I still expected more from the author since I loved all of her previous books. I'm a huge fan of The Edge of Never and the Killing Sarai series! It's still a sweet romance and an entertaining novel to read about about two characters letting go of the past and moving on with their present and future.
Recommended for fans of One Day, and The Edge of Never.
From her rapid bestseller The Edge of Never in the new adult genre, then came the success of her Killing Sarai series. Now she has another standalone novel out!
I personally was given the chance to interview the talented author J.A Redmerski.
- Hi J.A, it's great to have you here! You originally started as a self-published author before signing with a traditional publication. Can you tell us a little about the transformation?
Hello. Thank you so much for having me. ☺ Honestly the transformation was kind of hectic. Things were crazy around that time; the unexpected success with THE EDGE OF NEVER; going from indie to traditional before things had a chance to calm down – I think it all gave me whiplash.
- Can you describe your latest book The Moment of Letting Go in three words?
Fun. Sexy. Emotional.
- How were you inspired to write this story?
The need to face and conquer my own fears is mostly what inspired the story. I’m afraid of flying and heights, just like the heroine, Sienna; but also Luke’s ability to be happy and live a fulfilled life with very few possessions, and not allowing his life to be manipulated by money, was also an inspiration. Living simply and free and being in love is a recurring theme in my books, even when it’s not directly talked about. It was a main theme in THE EDGE OF NEVER as well.
- I'm already fangirling over the cover! Can you tell us something about the heroine Sienna Murphy? Do you see yourself in the characters you create?
It may be a clichéd answer, but I really do live vicariously through most of my characters. I love being able to feel like I’m overcoming my own fears and stepping out of my comfort zone, even though in reality, I’m just pretending. I’m afraid of so many things, and have been most of my life, and until I find the courage to face my fears, and do the things I really want to do, the only way I know how to experience that is through the characters I create.
- How long did it take you write your latest novel? Do you write freely continuously or do you take breaks in between?
THE MOMENT OF LETTING GO took several months. I generally like to start and finish a book before going onto the next, and I don’t usually like to take breaks before finishing a book because it tends to pull me out of the story, and that can be disastrous for me. I’ve put many partially written novels in the ‘digital junk drawer’ and never touched them again because I took a break and couldn’t get back into that particular book’s groove when I went back to it.
- I personally ship the romance between Andrew and Camryn in The Edge of Never the most which was adorable. Which romance did you enjoy writing the most?
I would have to say THE EDGE OF NEVER because it was my first. You never forget your first love, right?
- Do you have any favorite books you could recommend readers?
As far as love stories, I’d definitely have to recommend THE BRONZE HORSEMAN trilogy by Paullina Simons – such a beautiful and epic love story!
- One last question J.A , do you have any other future plans for other books you might want to write? Best wishes for your upcoming release!
I do have a few, but I don’t like to talk about the ideas until they are set in stone. ☺ Again, thank you for the opportunity!
There is always a free entry for everyone, the rest of the entries are not mandatory. I would never force a reader to follow this page.
Those entries are optional. Although the more entries you enter for the giveaway, the better.
Most of these giveaways are limited to US/Can only.
The blogger usually does not host these giveaways and is not responsible for the prizes.
The publisher provides the shipping and handling.
-The winner will be selected randomly by Rafflecopter!
-Please enter only from one email.
-The winner(s) has 24 hours to reply, before the blogger randomly chooses another winner.
Best wishes :)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thank you for reading this! Have an amazing month of August - Leave your blog links in the comments & I'll be sure to check them out & drop by :) Stay in tuned pretty creatures..