I didn't expect to like this novel so much, this is a good science fiction related novel I've read so far. I love reading about post apocalyptic and Bio terrorism in books. Virulent is an original story line and I was hooked from reading the first chapter. It was quite easy to get into this book since the concept is so catchy. I like male heroes in books, but since I'm a girl I love it when the heroine is the hero who faces many challenges. These are normal high school kids tossed into a world ending disaster.
- I really liked the character Lucy, she was fearless in spite of being fearful if that makes sense. She had fear, but she was courageous. The fear made her act. Her best friend Salem was a little too perky for my taste. I'm sensing a love story between Lucy and Grant, but it doesn't happen in this book yet.
- This book reminds me of the movie Contagion which was a good movie but too slow.
- Virulent is fast faced, and it's action packed and a thriller as well. The fear and sadness in this book was amazing. It makes me think, imagine something like this happened and you were literally dying to survive. This book is scary as well, imagine everywhere you look there's a dead body, and you could be next because of the virus?
- It makes you think what you would do in a situation like this. I would do what Lucy did, try to fight the virus and try to survive. However, If I was to get infected and there was no chance for survival - I don't think I'll like to die from virus, I would rather die my own death. It's the same logic if I was to turn into zombie, I'd rather shoot myself than to eat people, especially my loved ones. Easier said than done though, I like to think that's what I'll do. Let's hope this kind of situation never occurs in reality.
- This novel is easy to read, and you can literally imagine the action happening. I didn't find any major flaws in this book, although, the character Salem was a bit selfish and strange. I guess, people's true personality comes out when it's a fight for survival.
- I did like the first half of this novel much more than the second, the second half did drag around quite a bit and I'm not sure if I understood it correctly. It does have a cliffhanger which depresses me, but overall, this was a nice read. If you're looking for realistic fiction, this is one I would recommend.
Shukran for reading this! Leave your blog links in the comments & I'll be sure to check them out & follow :) Stay in tuned pretty creatures..
Disclosure: Review copy was sent free of charge from the author Shelbi Wescott in exchange for an honest review.