This event is hosted by Jamie from The perpetual page-turner that highlights an overview of all the books we have read in 2014,
they do not have to be published in that year though.
Number Of Books You Read: 224. Yes, I read a lot. I try to read two books everyday. I beat my Goodreads goal of 200 books though!
Number of Re-Reads: Mainly 5.1. Best Book You Read In 2014?
One of the books I can read over & over again is Bully. I've read it twice this year.
One of the books I can read over & over again is Bully. I've read it twice this year.
That's quite difficult to chose! We're allowed to cheat and break it down by genre so here we go. I'm currently Reading Winter's Tale by Mark Helprin, and it's an amazing book, so I might update the list again.
♥Literary Fiction: On The Island by Tracey Gravis-Graves. I cannot express how much I loved this book, my top favorite I've read in 2014.
♥Romance: Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
♥Paranormal: Silver Shadows(Bloodlines #5) by Richelle Mead
♥Dystopian: Legend by Marie Lu
♥Young Adult: This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales
♥New Adult: Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher
♥Memoir: Crazy Love by Leslie Morgan Steiner
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Rival(Fall Away #2) by Penelope Douglas. Her first book Bully is one of my all-time favorite NA book, and I was just so disappointed in Rival. The concept was all freaky, I'm not sure how to feel about dating your stepbrother and plotting revenge against him. This had the same NA repetitive drama as well. I hated Rival.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014?
After(The After Series #1) by Anna Todd. This book has traumatized me with it's absurd story. This is Fan Fiction, but it's published now. I thought I will like it, but NO. I didn't like the story or the relationship it portrayed, it bothers me quite a lot when women are mistreated by dominating men and it's considered acceptable and "romantic." I'm not seeking equality guys, I just don't want women mistreated! I had enough of that with Fifty Shades of Nonsense.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?
I've tried to push my sister to read with me, any book though but she doesn't. I fail at being pushy.
5. Best series you started in 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best Series Ender of 2014?
The best series I started in 2014 would have to be Legend by Marie Lu. I finished all three books in two days. I haven't liked any other sequels that much this year. Best series ender would be The One(Selection #3) by Kiera Class. I know the fourth book is coming out soon, but that's more of a spin off and not based on the same characters.
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
Michelle Madow of The Secret Diamond Sisters. She writes better books than Gossip Girl.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray. This is Science Fiction which I have not read in years. It actually got me reading more into Sci-Fi. However, this book isn't my favorite, but I did love it the most from this genre.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Going Under by S. Walder. One of my favorite NA novels, the concept is amazing.
9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Maybe Not By Colleen Hoover. It was hilarious!
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?
I think this one is quite obvious, and almost everyone's favorite. It would have to be Claudia Gray – A Thousand Pieces of You is beyond beautiful.. I love the watercolor effect *swoons*
11. Most memorable character of 2014?
I loved Adelina Amourteru from The Young Elites. She was flawed, yet believable.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
Thirteen Reasons Why Jay Asher. I don't need to give any reasons, it gives the reasons itself.
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. The concept of euthanasia is so controversial, it makes one think, what would you do if you were paralyzed?
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read?
Arranged by Catherine McKenzie. It's one of the most original books I've read with one of the cutest love stories.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?
“Peeta, how come I never know when you're having a nightmare?” I say.
“I don't know. I don't think I cry out or thrash around or anything. I just come to, paralyzed with terror,” he says.
“You should wake me,” I say, thinking about how I can interrupt his sleep two or three times on a bad night. About how long it can take to calm me down.
“It's not necessary. My nightmares are usually about losing you,” he says. “I'm okay once I realize you're here.” ― Suzanne Collins, Catching Fire
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?
Shortest: Play With Me by Anna Katmore: Novella 238 pages
Longest: Seldom Come By Sheryl Caulfield. 490 pages.
17. Book That Shocked You The Most:
I haven't read a mind blowing book this year.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
I really liked Sydney and Adrian's pair from Silver Shadows.
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year:
The sister and brother relationship between Frankie and Riley in The Silent Sister by Diane Chamberlain.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously:
Crash Into You by Katie McGarry. My favorite book of hers yet!
21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Veil Of Roses by Laura Fitzgerald. Cross-cultural books are my thing.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?
Tobias(Four) from Divergent by Veronica Roth! .. He's so perfect .. ♥
23. Best 2014 debut you read?
Definitely Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge.
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Clearly, On The Island by Tracey Gravis - Graves. I could literally imagine every detail of the setting. It's the best adventurous novel out there.
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
The Ghost & The Goth by Stacey Kade.
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?
Again, Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher.
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
My Beautiful Failure by Janet Ruth Young.
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
I haven't read one that has yet, although no book can never replace Bloodrose(NightShade series #3) which I read years ago, it crushed my soul with it's horrible ending. Terrible, terrible ending to such a great series. I cried for days honestly</3 It still makes me sad. I want a redo!
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014?
Prisoner(Criminal & Captives 1) by Annika Martin and Skye Warren.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis. You crazy, crazy book. I hated this book. I didn't even finish it which makes me guilty because I rejected a book :( It's just all gruesome with no story. The show Dexter was much better than this.
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2014?
I can't just pick one, there's so many I like.
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2014?
The Best Of Me by Nicholas Sparks.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
I enjoyed writing A Personal Tale + Stop Bullying. The feedback was amazing.
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
Waiting On Wednesday Post: The Secrets We Keep.
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014?
When people first started liking my reviews and thoughts.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
How To Start A Blog: Blogger Series #1.
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
I'm happy regardless if I get love or not.
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
I was happy to discover Book Depository, but they have horrible customer service.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Yes, my Goodreads Challenge of reading 200 books.
Across The Universe by Beth Revis.
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)?
Unleashed(Univited #2) by Sophie Jordan.
3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Its obvious, The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver♥.
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015?
The Ruby Circle(Bloodlines #6) Team Adrian!
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015?
Let's see .. I'm hoping to do many book challenges this year, and I'm hoping to read around 250 books If I can .. Yep, I'm pushing it maybe? Let's see. I'm also planning on writing my own novel as well.
6. A 2015 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
Withering Hope by Layla Hagen. The concept is unique and it has a cute love story.♥
This took forever to finish lol.. Shukran for reading this! Leave your blog links in the comments & I'll be sure to check them out & follow :) Stay in tuned pretty creatures..
a Rafflecopter giveaway
“Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.” —Nora Ephron